Zennie62 on YouTube

Friday, May 7, 2010

Notify NYC 46th Broadway shut down post by Suzannah B. Troy

As I have told my loyal readers I am on the Notify NYC program with the City of New York so I got the notice via text message and email..."Due to police activity in the vicinity of 46th Street and Broadway (MN) expect street closures in the Time Square Area."

Than I checked 1010 wins and there was nothing but now they are reporting breaking news that the shut down is due to a suspicious package.  I will get back to you with more information when I get it.

Stay tuned, stay safe.

2:25 Notify NYC writes, "All police activity at 46th Street and Broadway in Manhattan has concluded.  All streets in Times Square are now open.  Expect residual traffic delays.

Well folks, show the NYPD is alert and it does remind me of Sept. 11, the weeks after when there was a lot of anxiety and worry and all kinds of delays.  The New York Daily News reports the suspicious package was a cooler with sodas....someone's lunch.  The NYPD  Bomb Squad x-rayed it and gave us all the green light all is okay. Today all's well that ends well...thanks goodness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative