Zennie62 on YouTube

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Wendy Dent Attack On Marc Cancer In NY Times Was Wrong, Here's Why

Wendy Dent Attack On Marc Cancer In NY Times Was Wrong, Here's Why - Video

Wendy Dent Attack On Marc Cancer In NY Times Was Wrong, Here's Why Wendy Dent is one who was connected to Marc Canter on Facebook, and so we, her and I, connected. The shared interest was the World Economics Forum, which she had attended, or so she wrote. To cut to the chase, we never messaged much and had no face-to-face meeting at a cafe or bar or eatery - nothing and no plans. Zip. So, it was a total shock that a few days prior to the 2016 July 4th Holiday, Wendy Dent asked if she could crash at my place! Out of the blue. Well, I told her I was out of town, and that we should meet for coffee when I was back, or plan to do so. I also asked her why she was doing something so brazen as to stay with people she did not know - she told me she was "flat broke". That was sad. I emailed her to do this a few days later, she responded that she wanted to but was in Santa Rosa, and hoped that we would cross paths soon. And that was that... Until Wendy contacted me about a "Black Lives Matter" video she had and wanted to distribute. But for some wild reason Wendy did not want me to have it, even though she told me about it, which was head-spinning. So, I offered to split any ad revenue with her if she let me use it - refused to do that idea. I took her reasons as insulting and broke off contact with her. Then, in late October of 2016, I shared this with Marc on Facebook: "Dude. Wendy Dent is a nutcase. First asks to stay at my place for July 4th. Never met me. I made up an excuse to ward her off. I told her we should meet over coffee. Never happened. Then she reaches out about some black lives matter video she claims to have. When I offered to run it and share the revenue with her she declined. Even though she said she was flat broke. Turns out she is couch surfing- which is another way of using people and not getting her act together. I could go on but she is a mess." Marc Canter is a good man who I have known for some time. For Wendy to do what she did was tearfully sad - for the New York Times author to cover this matter in the way it was done as a gossip fest was horrible. No one gained anything at all. The stories in the tech culture are varied and more complex that we are led to think. Katie Benner's approach does not help.
via IFTTT
https://youtu.be/GkEh3xJkK70

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative