Zennie62 on YouTube

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

George Steinbrenner passes away by Suzannah B. Troy

Rest in peace George Steinbrenner.  I am a Yankees fan but old school.  Thurmon Munson and Babe Ruth are my most favorite two but from the old school I have more favorites.

Here is a New York Daily News piece on Daryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden remembering George.


I did not agree with Steinbrenner going for big pay rolled stars and the new stadium for me was the wrong move.  Now the Ghost of Babe Ruth is homeless but I did feel sad to hear the news.

After September 11 the Yankees were my post-traumatic stress relief.  The Yankees was just medicine and I would tune in.  My favorite announcer than was Jim Kay.   Somehow watching them made me feel a better.

The new stadium was a breaking point for me.  It represented Mike Bloomberg's hideous NY that was too expensive for most New Yorkers yet burdened the tax payers with big costs for a stadium most could not afford and that includes the hot dogs, popcorn, soda and beer.

 I have extra special Yankee "stuff" I keep close at all times including a shirt with Thurmon Munson's number.

I have listened to handicap people first hand praise George for giving them special sitting and free--some youngsters.

Anyway -- rest in peace and condolences to the Steinbrenners and all loved one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative