Zennie62 on YouTube

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I LOVE NY Van posted by Suzannah B. Troy

Time to report some joyous NYC vehicle news like this adorable Lilliputian van the perfect size for parking on the Lower East Side.  I am sure many New Yorkers envy the neat organization of this little shop on wheels. I know I do.





I also went to a wine tasting on the Lower East Side at Inoetca which is Italian for Wine Bar.  Inoteca is delicious and affordable including their wine tastings and is located on the corner of Ludlow and Rivington.   Just a note of irony.  My maternal grandfather was born down the street in the early 1900's in a tenement house and living conditions were unpleasant and crowded to say the least.  Times have changed and so has the neighborhood.

Marco Fay came to introduce his wines to a diverse group of New Yorkers including a New Yorker born in India.  I had a fun lively time talking about NYC politics and city living with these wonderful people.

The wines were delicious and Marco Fay was really easy on the eyes looking like a younger smaller Eric Bana.  Like all wine makers I have encountered he take pride his wines, the land and history.

The wine maker hails from Consorizio Tutela Vini Valtellina and I was given this information....
"A valley surrounded by a tall and terrible mountains, it makes really powerful wines."  In that brief but fundamentally exhaustive description, Leonardo Da Vinci summed up Valtellina when writing his "Codice Atlantico.""

We tasted three red wines all delicious with a depth and lightness I truly enjoyed and the all under 30 dollars.  It was a success;  rich wines with light food and Italian history.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative