Zennie62 on YouTube

Saturday, May 15, 2010

66 Wooster Closes August - Suzannah B. Troy


I went to see Reconstruction with my friend David and I did not love it but I liked parts of it and respected it was the writer’s way to say good bye to 66 Wooster Street  which like almost everything and everybody under the Bloomberg administration has been displaced unless you are a real estate magnate...well almost....
The theatre was open to the street so I walked up to the actors and told them I was Donald Trump and to get out because I have a big crane on the way.  They told me after I saw the play I would change my ways.  Of course the real Donald wouldn’t be discouraged from displacing anyone and blotting out the skyline....
The cast were so energized and downright fun.  We helped build the set, well just a little and practiced lines although I rewrote mine.   Audience members were called on to the stage to read lines...I guess because of budget cuts, lack funding or just to be fun.  I gather the playwright wants to make sure the audience is breathing.  I have video footage of this lively performance that had major flaws despite the wonderfully multi-talented, bi-lingual cast.   It was fun to watch people walking by and stop and watch part of the play from the street.
This cast was the largest group of happy people despite this being about the mortgage meltdown and also the closing of yet another artistic space.
Welcome to Mike Bloomberg’s hideous NY...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative