Zennie62 on YouTube

Thursday, April 29, 2010

St. Vincent's to Close this Friday unless there is some miracle post by Suzannah B. Troy

As expressed in to me via a YouTube a fellow activist sent me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFbajDy00IY&feature=watch_response_rev and posted on one of my YouTubes....a woman asks,
why doesn't President Obama is bailing out St. Vincent's instead of a bank or something like that.  She points out the community is much more in need of St. Vincent's than a bank that has been bailed out.

Anyway, Friday in theory is the last day for this amazing hospital where I know first hand how good this hospital is from having to use their emergency room to get stitches to visiting a friend who is HIV positive and had to have emergency surgery.

I remember seeing dogs in the hospital as part of a program to uplift patients.

Heart breaking.   I was against St. Vincent's busting through zoning as I was with NYU, Cooper Union, NY Law, every condo and hotel in the area thanks to the reckless tsunami of development Bloomberg pushed -- too much -- too fast but I never imagined that St. Vincent's could not stay open some how or come to some compromise with the zoning.


I am still hoping for miracles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative