Zennie62 on YouTube

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Rod Dibble Of The Alley Oakland Passes - The Oakland Song

Rod Dibble Of The Alley Oakland Passes - The Oakland Song - Video

Rod Dibble Of The Alley Oakland Passes - The Oakland Song I love Rod Dibble and The Alley: sight of my 40th and 50th birthday parties. A great place and friend. Rod taught me how to sing. It was September 10th, 1997, and after two years of fear and thinking "That's something white folks do", L admitted to myself that I was scared to sing at the piano. There was no one there that night, and Rod took time to teach me how to sing "New York, New York" - my favorite. But the real song I love was one Rob also taught me how to sing: The Oakland Song. It goes like this: Verse: I am sure that you’re aware of famous cities everywhere, The ones they write about in song and verse. There are songs about Chicago, London, Paris and St. Paul, Buffalo, Miami, and for God’s sake Beaver Falls. Beaver Falls! But Tin Pan Alley did us wrong, they never wrote a song About the greatest city of them all. Now don’t go ’way; I hope you’ll stay And hear this song I wrote today: Chorus: Oakland’s got the Tribune Tower Oakland’s got Lake Merritt too; she’s got Jack London Square The Alley Cat is there! The Kaiser Center sticks up everywhere Where did all the people go when ’Frisco burned? They all went to Oakland and they never returned. Right outside the city limits scoots a freeway called the Nimitz. Of all the pretty cities she’s the leader And don’t forget the tube to Alameda Well, she’s got pride (PRIDE!), hope (HOPE!) Oh what a view: Oakland we’re for you (DON’T MEAN MILPITAS!) Oakland we’re for you! Rod Dibble! An Oakland landmark. A friend. A legend. PLEASE INVEST IN ZENNIE62MEDIA VIA PAYPALHERE: http://ift.tt/2u7j8De
via IFTTT
https://youtu.be/90505p7a1G4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the new Zennie62.com

 
Google Analytics Alternative